Help for Students, Staff, and Faculty
The Engineering Help Desk staff answers questions and solves technical issues for College of Engineering students, staff, and faculty. Come to the office, 1256 SC during office hours: 8:00 am- 9:00 pm Monday-Thursday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Friday; call 319-335-5055; or send email to email@example.com.
The Engineering Help Desk staff can help with most technical issues for everyone in the College of Engineering. Below are some of the common problems that we help people with. Don't see your problem or question listed below? Don't worry! We can help fix most issues, or find someone within the University who can. Feel free to stop in, call, or email your questions to us.
- Remote access to Windows computers
- Running graphical Linux from Windows or Mac
- Junos Pulse, the engineering VPN, for secure access to files when off campus
- Symantec Anti-virus protection
- Codeblocks on Linux
- Eduroam wireless network
- Printing in computer labs
- Linux quotas
- Ansys license questions
- Software requests
- Report a lost item or find a lost item
- Electronic door access
- And many more!
Contact us by filling out the following Consultant form.